Monday, September 26, 2011

More Menus

Guess we're moving into the home stretch here. I haven't been feeling well the past couple days, and I was very much missing my convenience foods. I am on the one hand really looking forward to October first, and on the other hand thinking I'm going to miss the discipline of eating entirely locally. It will be interesting to see how many of the new eating patterns stick once the month is over.

Menus 9/24:
  • breakfast: "green eggs and ham" (eggs from back yard chickens, spinach from Blue Heron, bacon from Kingbird, garlic from my garden); toast (Greenstar GF) with butter (Meadow Creek)
  • lunch: stone soup (veggies from my garden and Sacred Seed, bouillon and rice noodles (exception)); sorbet (homemade from melon (my garden), peaches (Black Diamond), black raspberries and red currants (Kestrel Perch), and honey (Greenstar bulk local))
  • dinner: stuffed cabbage rolls (cabbage (West Haven), ground buffalo (Glenwood), barley (Cayuga Pure), rice (exception), veggies (my garden and Sacred Seed)); wild mushrooms (gathered) sauteed in butter and white wine (Cecil's Chardonnay); barley cakes (barley (Cayuga Pure), honey, sunflower oil (Stolor Organics), raisins (Thornbush))
Menus 9/25:
  • breakfast: granola (Silver Spoon) and popped barley (Cayuga Pure) with almond milk
  • lunch: cabbage rolls (leftover), apples (Littletree), barley cakes (leftover)
  • dinner: chicken sausages (Bilinski's), kale (my garden) with honey and cider vinegar (Littletree apples), fingerling potatoes (Greg's garden)
  • dessert: apple pie (Littletree apples, Cayuga Pure grains, Bremner Farms almond meal, honey, Meadow Creek butter) with sorbet (homemade: melon from my garden, Black Diamond peaches, Kestrel Perch berries, honey)
Menus 9/26:
  • breakfast: grits (Cayuga Pure) with raisins (Thornbush grapes), raspberries (my garden), maple syrup (Schoolyard Sugarbush) and almond milk
  • school lunch: buffalo snack sticks (Glenwood), toast (Greenstar GF) with butter, carrot sticks (Sacred Seed), raspberries
  • my lunch: cabbage rolls (leftover), sweet pepper (my garden), apple (Littletree)
  • snack: apple pie (leftover)
  • dinner: chicken sausage (Bilinski's), green delicata squash rings (squash from my garden, Stony Brook oil), black trumpet mushrooms (gathered) with shallots (my garden), butter and hard cider (homemade from Littletree apples and cider)
  • dessert: more apple pie

    No comments:

    Post a Comment